The application for the 2016 Point Foundation Scholarship is NOW OPEN! The Point Foundation (Point) is the nation’s largest scholarship-granting organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) students of merit. Point promotes change through scholarship funding, mentorship, leadership development, and community service training.
Since 2001, Point Foundation has awarded 326 scholarships to LGBTQ students at colleges and universities across the country. Their efforts have been successful because of their commitment to working with the community and because of their many partners who have connected their constituents to Point’s opportunities.
The scholarship application for 2016-17 is open from November 1, 2015 to January 19, 2016 on the Point Foundation website. Information about the application can be found in the attached flyer.
To be eligible:
1. Must be enrolled or intending to enroll at an accredited college or university based in the United States in the fall of 2016.
2. Must be enrolled full-time for the full academic year.
3. Must be enrolled in a degree-granting undergraduate or graduate/doctoral program.
4. Must be at least a senior in high school.
5. Must be “out” as a person who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community.
Please visit the Application page to learn more about Point’s application process.
If you have any questions, please contact their Program Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.
GLBT Student Services at Auraria
Campus Box 74
P.O. Box 173362
Denver, CO 80217
Phone: (303) 556-6488
Fax: (303) 556-3896