Research Paper Competitions at ICPSR
We are now accepting applications for two 2016 competitions (ICPSR Undergraduate and ICPSR Master’s), which are listed below.
2016 ICPSR Research Paper Competitions (Undergraduate & Master’s categories)
Awards: $1,000 for first place, $750 for second place. There are separate undergraduate and master’s prizes for this competition.
- Entrants must be current master’s or undergraduate students, or recent graduates who graduated on or after April 1, 2015. (Students who graduated before April 1, 2015, are not eligible.)
- Entrants must be from ICPSR member institutions.
- Entrants may be from the US or outside the US.
Entry Requirements — ICPSR Competitions
All entries must meet the following criteria:
- Author Status: Must be an undergraduate or graduate student, or recent graduate (graduated on or after April 1, 2015).
- Coauthorship: Papers written by more than one student are permitted. Coauthored or multiple-authored winners will share the specified monetary awards.
- Single Submission: Only one paper entered by author, whether as sole author or as a coauthor.
- Single Category: Only one competition category may be entered by an author.
- Student Authorship: Papers coauthored with faculty are not eligible. Only student-authored papers are eligible.
- Originality: Each paper must be an original analysis and must be the author’s own work. Papers previously published are not eligible.
- ICPSR Data: Each paper must analyze data held in the ICPSR archive or one of the Thematic Collections. (Students may use a dataset accessed from another source if ICPSR also holds a copy of the same dataset.)
- Work Product: Papers submitted must be the product of work toward completion of an undergraduate or master’s degree.
- Preparation: Paper adheres to preparation requirements (see below).
- Entry Form: Entry form is completed and submitted (see below).
- Deadline: All papers and corresponding entry forms must be received by midnight Pacific Standard Time, January 31, 2016.